2 1/2 cups crushed chocolate cream-filled sandwich cookies (such as OREO® Cookies)
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup flaked coconut
4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup custard powder (such as Bird’s® Custard Powder)
6 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Stir together the cookie crumbs, melted butter, pecans, and coconut in a bowl until the mixture is well combined. Press into the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish, and refrigerate while making filling.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, and custard powder in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, and beat in eggs, 1 at a time, beating each until fully incorporated before adding the next. Layer the filling over the crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the center is almost set, about 40 minutes. Refrigerate the cheesecake until fully cold, at least 3 hours.
- Melt the semisweet chocolate in a saucepan over very low heat with the cream, and stir until the mixture is smooth and well blended. Pour the chocolate mixture over the cheesecake, spread with a spatula to cover the middle layer, and refrigerate until the topping is firm, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve cold. Store leftovers in refrigerator.
For more recipes like this visit allrecipes.com