Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Unity, SK (Will be required to travel and work in Unity, Carruthers, Plover Lake)
Reporting directly to the Branch Manager, this position will be based out of Unity and provide coverage at
Plover Lake, and Carruthers where required. The day to day responsibilities of this role will include:
environmental and safety monitoring at our landfill site, unloading trucks, operating centrifuges, plant
maintenance, and administrative duties as required. This will be a Full-Time employment opportunity with an 8
hour shift, Monday to Friday.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required;
- 4 th or 5 th class Power Engineering certification is preferred;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Previous experience with oilfield is an asset;
- Experience with centrifuges, boilers, pumps, and other heavy equipment such as loaders
- Mechanical ability and general knowledge of equipment maintenance is an asset;
- Ability to communicate thoughts and ideas effectively both written and verbally;
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and other computer systems (e.g. SAP would be
considered an asset but are not required);
- Ability to perform heavy lifting;
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently;
- Willingness to work flexible hours and overtime as required;
- Open to working outdoors in various weather conditions;
- Must be entitled to work in Canada
- Ability to travel and work in facilities across Saskatchewan (50% of the role will be spent in Unity, 50% of the role will be spent between Carruthers and Plover Lake)
This is a safety sensitive position. Offers of employment are conditional upon successful completion of
required medical, physical, drug and alcohol testing.
Newalta is a leader in the environmental services industry because of our great people and their smart ideas.
We will enhance our leadership position by growing our services, our business and our people. At Newalta, we
invest in our people and our people invest in us. Our employees love the challenges, recognition and
autonomy of a career with Newalta.
Be part of a team with the opportunity to develop new ideas and find innovative ways to solve problems.
Newalta is an equal opportunity employer. Constant innovation and continuous improvement are the
cornerstones of the Newalta way of thinking – and create an environment where diversity and inclusion are
critical to success.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Internal Applicants are reminded to discuss their intention to apply
with their supervisor before submitting an application.
*Please apply online by visiting our Newalta Careers page at: