SUMMER IS A SPECIAL TIME FOR PLAYTIME WITH YOUR DOG, TRAVEL TIME AND LOTS OF OUTSIDE TIME.
BE SURE TO BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING SUMMER HEALTH TIPS FOR YOUR DOGS:
- HEAT STROKE-occurs when your dog’s body temperature rises dangerously high. This happens most frequently when dogs are left in a vehicle or exercise in the heat. Never leave your dog in a car in the warm weather. An open window is not enough to cool your dog off. Always provide shade cover when outside
- SUNBURN-can happen especially to light colored dogs or those with thin coats. Take the precaution to apply water proof sunscreen designed for use for babies or pets.
- BURNED FOOT PADS-happens when the temperatures rise and heat up sidewalks, patios, streets, etc. Be proactive and take walks early or late in the day. If you press your hand on the surface and it is too hot for you-it is too hot for your dog’s feet.
- DEHYDRATION-must be prevented by constant access to fresh and cool water. Try putting in ice cubes to keep the water cool.
- CAMPFIRES-can be a source of distraction. Watch your dog carefully that they don’t try to grab a stick from the fire or eats hot food that can burn his tongue.
KEEP YOUR HEADS UP & EYES OPEN FOR ANY OF THESE PROBLEMS-BE QUICK TO REMEDY THE SITUATION AND YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT SUMMER WITH YOUR DOG.
SONSHINE KENNELS-THE KENNEL THAT CARES 306-463-3361
BOOK NOW FOR SUMMER HOLIDAYS-WE’LL SEE YOU SOON.
For the latest information and for more updates on everything Kindersley ‘Like’ the Kindersley Social Facebook page below…