The staff at the West Central Crisis & Family Support Centre can assist individuals with high levels of stress and anxiety. Creating awareness of stress acknowledgement and understanding is a necessity to manage productively.
- Stress is the body’s response to a real or perceived threat. Stress is a reaction to a situation. We usually feel stressed when we think that the demands of the situation are greater than our resources to deal with that situation.
- Some stress can be a good thing. It can motivate us to focus on a task or take action and solve a problem. In this situation, stress is manageable and even helpful.
- When stress is unhelpful, people may feel overwhelmed or feel like they can’t possibly fix the problem.
Common sources of stress may include major life events, long-term worries, persistent illness, parenting challenges, relationship management, farm/work pressures and many more can also feel stressful. Even daily hassles can be a source of stress.
Common Strategies for Management:
- Identify the issue
- Discuss the issue
- Simplify your life
- Learn assistance resources
- Learn helpful thinking strategies/stress management techniques
- Care for your well-being/explore self-care options
If you are a person dealing with stress/anxieties and needing assistance with management, the Crisis Centre Staff would be happy to assist you.
Call (306)463-6655 to speak with a counsellor.
For the latest information and for more updates on everything Kindersley ‘Like’ the Kindersley Social Facebook page below…