• Kee Sheet Metal has served the plumbing and heating needs of Kindersley and surrounding areas for over 67 years.
• The name Kee Sheet Metal is the initials of the three towns Walter first put shops in. Kindersley, Eston and Eatonia.
• The company was started in 1952 by Walter and Claire Haubrich. Walter had been a partner in a plumbing shop in North Battleford until that time. They came to Kindersley with $1,000.00 and a truck. They bought a Sheet Metal business on Main Street. Walter learned the sheet metal business from the previous owner (Bill Pringle).
• In 1953, Walter purchased an old boarding house on 1st Ave. E in Kindersley and proceeded to renovate into a plumbing and sheet metal shop and living quarters. The company remained there until 1967.
• Walter set up a shop in Eston in 1955, and Walter and Claire moved there because they were unable to find a manager to run it, they returned to Kindersley in 1957 when they succeeded in finding a manager, Eldon Minchin. Around the same time a shop was set up in Eatonia, with Frank Getz as the manager.
For the latest information and for more updates on everything Kindersley ‘Like’ the Kindersley Social Facebook page below…