• Kee Sheet Metal has served the plumbing and heating needs of Kindersley and surrounding areas for over 67 years.
• The name Kee Sheet Metal is the initials of the three towns Walter first put shops in. Kindersley, Eston and Eatonia.
• The company was started in 1952 by Walter and Claire Haubrich. Walter had been a partner in a plumbing shop in North Battleford until that time. They came to Kindersley with $1,000.00 and a truck. They bought a Sheet Metal business on Main Street. Walter learned the sheet metal business from the previous owner (Bill Pringle).
• In 1953, Walter purchased an old boarding house on 1st Ave. E in Kindersley and proceeded to renovate into a plumbing and sheet metal shop and living quarters. The company remained there until 1967.
• Walter set up a shop in Eston in 1955, and Walter and Claire moved there because they were unable to find a manager to run it, they returned to Kindersley in 1957 when they succeeded in finding a manager, Eldon Minchin. Around the same time a shop was set up in Eatonia, with Frank Getz as the manager.
For the latest information and for more updates on everything Kindersley ‘Like’ the Kindersley Social Facebook page below…
Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.