Art & PhotographyEventsLocal NewsNewsRecreationThings To Do

SaskEnergy offers Rebate on CO alarms

Installing a carbon monoxide alarm can help you and your family stay safe from CO poisoning.

SaskEnergy recently announced they’re partnering with retailers across the province to offer an in-store $10 rebate on CO alarms from now until January 31st, 2021.

The Kindersley Fire Department reminds residents that carbon monoxide is a colourless, odourless, tasteless gas produced by the combustion process. Poisoning symptoms are flu-like, nausea, dizziness, confusion, vision and hearing loss, but no fever.

To prevent carbon monoxide poisoning, the Department recommends residents:

  • Never idle vehicles in an attached garage, even if the door is open.
  • Having fuel-burning appliances such as furnaces, wood-burning fireplaces, and gas dryers cleaned and checked annually by a qualified service technician.
  • Ensuring all fresh air intake vents, exhaust vents, and chimneys are clear of snow, insulation, leaves, bird nests, lint, and debris.
  • Making sure wood stoves are properly installed and vented.
  • Not operating gasoline-powered engines, charcoal or propane barbecues or grills, or kerosene stoves, indoors or in enclosed spaces.

Residents are strongly encouraged to install a carbon monoxide alarm on every floor of their home and test them regularly. If you suspect carbon monoxide in your home or an alarm activates, you are to exit immediately and then call 911.

For a full list of participating locations, visit saskenergy.com

For the latest information and for more updates on everything Kindersley ‘Like’ the Kindersley Social Facebook page below…

For the latest information and for more updates on everything Kindersley,
‘Like’ the Kindersley Social Facebook page!

Related Articles

Back to top button