In May 2019, the Government of Saskatchewan announced the creation of the WESK-led Saskatchewan Advisory Committee. In July of 2020, the Committee concluded their work with the release of their final report “Enabling Scale in Saskatchewan”. The report includes 10 recommendations, one of which was to develop and launch a brand identity that celebrated and showcased women-owned businesses in Saskatchewan.
If your local Saskatchewan business is majority-woman owned, WESK invites you to join the movement. The Woman-Owned Saskatchewan Business brand identity serves as a catalyst to inspire and empower women entrepreneurs to celebrate their achievements.
This brand identity includes two components:
- For majority women-owned businesses, the “Woman-Owned Saskatchewan Business” badge was created to inspire and empower women entrepreneurs to celebrate themselves and their achievements.
- For organizations or businesses that are not majority women-owned, the “Supporter of Women-Owned Saskatchewan Businesses” was created to allow advocates of women entrepreneurs to show their support with pride and dedication!
- Business must be owned and operated in Saskatchewan
- Business must be majority woman-owned (51%+)
- Majority of operating decisions must be made by woman-owner (51+%)
*If you aren’t quite majority woman-owned, exceptions are typically provided if the woman owner can attest to making the majority of business decisions. Please complete the application so we can review your situation in greater detail.
Do you wish to apply or have questions? Please visit wesk.ca today!
For the latest information and for more updates on everything Kindersley ‘Like’ the Kindersley Social Facebook page below…