As the summer season appears to be upon on us and we roll out our recreational vehicles the Kindersley RCMP would like to remind residence of some simple tips to help prevent theft of off road vehicles:
· When you’re done using your recreational vehicle, park it in a locked garage or shed.
· If you can’t park indoors, park your recreational vehicle in sight and chained to something.
· Follow a nightly checklist to ensure everything is locked up and secured for the night.
· To ensure maximum protection, turn on your outside lights at night.
· Engrave your off-highway vehicles and other valuable items with your name or a serial number.
· Keep a detailed list of your property including photos and serial numbers.
· Make sure you have a timer for lights and surveillance cameras installed.
RCMP encourage the public to report any criminal or suspicious activity to police. Reports tell us where to look, who to look for, and where to patrol in the future. If you see a crime in progress, dial 911. If you wish to remain anonymous, contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), online at www.P3Tips.com or by using the “P3 Tips” app available through the Apple App or Google Play Store.
Kindersley RCMP would also like to remind the public that its Online Crime Reporting system is now live and can be accessed by computer or mobile device using the website: https://ocre-sielc.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/saskatchewan.
Crimes with no suspects or witnesses can be reported for such crimes as:
Damage/mischief to property under $5,000
Theft of bicycle under $5,000
Theft under $5,000
Theft from vehicle under $5,000
Lost or found property
Damage/mischief to vehicle under $5000
For the latest information and for more updates on everything Kindersley ‘Like’ the Kindersley Social Facebook page below…