On September 23, 2021 at approximately 3:10 p.m., Kindersley RCMP were dispatched to a report of shots fired at a rural property in Marengo, SK.
Investigation determined that a male and another individual had been involved in a verbal altercation. The male then discharged a firearm into the air. No one was injured.
The property is across the street from a school. Officers immediately asked that the school enact its hold-and-secure procedures.
Officers located and arrested the male without incident. The hold-and-secure at the school was then lifted.
- David Blum (DOB:1956-01-29) of Marengo, SK is charged with:
- 1 count, uttering threats, Section 264.1(1)(a), Criminal Code
- 1 count, careless use of a firearm, Section 86(1), Criminal Code
- 2 counts, unsafe storage of firearms, Section 86(2), Criminal Code
- 3 counts, unauthorized possession of a firearm/prohibited weapon or restricted weapon, Section 91(3), Criminal Code
- 1 count, possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose, Section 88(2), Criminal Code
He will appear in court in Kindersley on November 16, 2021.