Help protect and keep your home safe today by installing smoke and carbon monoxide alarms, as well as having fire extinguishers at home.
Fire Prevention week is the perfect time to educate and talk with your whole family about fire safety – include testing alarms, changing the batteries or upgrading to 10-year sealed battery alarms, how to use a fire extinguisher and escape route planning.
- 3 of every 5 home fire deaths resulted from fires in homes with no working smoke alarms
- Less than 50% of homeowners have an escape plan
- 60% of consumers do not test their smoke and CO alarms monthly
- Only 47% of people report having CO alarms in their home
- Unattended cooking is the #1 cause of home fires
- The most important thing you should know about using a fire extinguisher is to only use it on a small fire. If you feel able to and do need to use a fire extinguisher, follow the P.A.S.S. technique: Pull, Aim, Squeeze, and Sweep.
For the latest information and for more updates on everything Kindersley ‘Like’ the Kindersley Social Facebook page below…