After a period of extensive consultation with Sun West employees, the Sun West School Division has implemented Administrative Procedure 126-1 COVID-19 Vaccination or Proof of Negative Test. This procedure will go into effect on January 1st, 2022.
“We are waiting to January to bring this procedure into effect in order to give staff the opportunity to become vaccinated if that is something they wish to do,” explained Sun West Director of Education Randy Emmerson.
The key elements of this Administrative Procedure are as follows:
- In order to go to work, Sun West employees are required to provide either Government of Saskatchewan recognized proof of full vaccination or a recent negative Government of Canada approved valid COVID-19 diagnostic test.
- This procedure applies to all Sun West employees.
- This procedure also applies to other individuals that will be interacting directly with students during school division approved activities.
- This procedure does not apply to students.
- Proof of full vaccination will only be provided once. Proof of testing will be required once weekly.
“In the last 19 months Sun West has been very successful in keeping educating our students, keeping our schools open and most recently re-introducing extracurricular activities,” reported Director Emmerson. “None of this would have been possible without the cooperation and support of our staff who have worked so hard to keep our children safe. As we enter another phase in our efforts to protect our schools, our children and our communities, we are hoping this spirit of cooperation will continue.”AP 162-1 COVID-19 Vaccination or Proof of Negative Test 211115
For the latest information and for more updates on everything Kindersley ‘Like’ the Kindersley Social Facebook page below…