If you want a dog who:
-Is small but extremely sturdy, even chunky in build
-Has a squashed face, large expressive eyes, and a thick coat that comes in many colors
– Is one of the most dignified, confident, and independent of the toy breeds
– Is calm and quiet indoors and doesn’t need much exercise
– Is polite with strangers and usually accepting of other animals
– If he respects you, will be well-mannered without much formal training, then a Pekingese may be right for you!
If you don’t want to deal with:
– Strong-willed mind of his own, requiring a confident owner who can take charge
– Snorting, snuffling, wheezing, loud snoring
– Regular brushing and combing
– Heavy shedding
– Slowness to housebreak
– Gassiness (flatulence)
– A multitude of potential health problems, then a Pekingese may not be right for you.
So much to learn about these perky little Pekes!
See you soon at Sonshine Kennels
The Kennel That Cares 306-463-3361