As the temperature continues to drop here are five tips to ensure your furry friend stays warm this winter:
- Never leave your cat or dog alone in a cold car. Cars hold in the cold, acting like refrigerators, which can cause your pet to freeze to death.
- Keep animals away from winter puddles. They may contain ethylene glycol found in antifreeze which can be fatal if ingested.
- Be aware of cats seeking warmth under vehicle hoods. Try knocking on the hood of your car to scare them away before starting the engine.
- A warm place to sleep. Ensure your pet has a thick cozy bed or blanket away from any drafts and off the cold floor.
- Wipe your pet’s paws and underside after being outside. Salt and ice melt can irritate and burn, and also be fatal if ingested.
For the latest information and for more updates on everything Kindersley ‘Like’ the Kindersley Social Facebook page below…