Source: Kindersley RCMP
Recently, the Kindersley, Kerrobert and Eston RCMP have been receiving complaints of ATVs, dirt bikes and other off-road vehicles being operated in urban areas.
They wish to inform residents that there will be increased enforcement in regard to these complaints.
Some of the following offences that will be enforced are:
Saskatchewan All-Terrain Vehicle Act
- Sec. 3(1) – Operate an ATV without a driver’s licence – $150 fine.
- Sec 4 – No person under the age of 16 years old shall operate an ATV – fine amount determined by Judge in court
- Sec. 16(1) – Exceed a reasonable and safe speed – $150 fine.
- Sec 18(1) – Fail to wear helmet and eye protection – $100 fine.
Saskatchewan Traffic Safety Act
- Sec. 209(6)(a) – Failing to stop at a stop sign – $230 fine. (All vehicles/ATV’s must stop at stop signs.)
They also wish to remind everyone that children under the age of 16 are not allowed to operate an ATV on any road, highway or street. Operating an ATV under the age of 16, speeding, or driving recklessly will result in the ATV impounded for 30 days in accordance with the Saskatchewan ATV Act – Sec. 33(1).
For the latest information and for more updates on everything Kindersley ‘Like’ the Kindersley Social Facebook page below…