Kindersley Aquatic Centre Is Getting Ready to Open
By Mallorie Rast
The Kindersley Aquatic Centre has been given the green light to open for the 2020 swimming season. Their tentative opening date for public, leisure, and family swimming is July 19th.
“Guidelines around COVID-19 doesn’t just affect our facility in regards to cleaning and disinfection. It also changes conducting water rescues, CPR and other first aid training,” says Tanya Phillips, Interim Manager for the Aquatic Centre. After the staff have undergone COVID-related training, swimming lessons will be offered in August. Those interested in signing up should watch the Town of Kindersley and Kindersley Social’s websites for updates regarding the opening date and sign up guidelines.
In addition to leisure, family, public, and aqua swimming times, the centre is hosting various fitness and social programs during the week. A teen swim time will be hosted on Fridays from 830-9:30 p.m.; an adult swim on Mondays and Wednesdays, 8:30-9:30 p.m.; and a masters swim Tuesdays and Thursdays 8:30-9:30 p.m. for individuals 18 years and up who are looking for a more intensive and workout-focused swimming time.
Phillips noted that the public should be aware that the centre is currently able to host up to 100 persons in the building at a time; this includes staff, swimmers and those watching from the benches. Children ages seven and under will not be allowed to be in the water without a parent or guardian over the age of 16.
The Aquatic Centre is also adhering to the following recommendations given by The Lifesaving Society and The Canadian Red Cross:
• Do not enter the Kindersley Aquatic Centre if you are sick or symptomatic.
• Physical distancing (2 meters), will be required by those not in the same or extended household circle.
• Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes before lessons or public swimming.
• We encourage the use of contactless payment; season passes or bulk passes.
• All children under 7-years-old must be accompanied in the water by a parent/household member/or extended household member to ensure physical distancing is maintained. Persons responsible must be 16 years of age and older.
• Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently. Stations are located throughout the facility
• Limit the use of change rooms and washrooms. Please arrive in swimwear and leave in swimwear if possible.
• Shower with soap and water before entering the pool.
• Face masks can be worn in the facility but must not be worn in the water.
• Flutter boards, pool noodles and flippers will be available for Lane Swim and Aquafit classes. Place in drop off receptacles after use to be disinfected, do not share any equipment.
• PFD’s will be available to use during Public Swim, do not share and place in receptacles after use.
• Do not share goggles, towels, or swimwear with others.
• Please follow all markings in the pool and change room area as well as posted signage.
• Enhanced cleaning and disinfection of touch surfaces will be done on a regular basis.
• Drinking fountain is closed, use of personal water bottles only. Do not share water bottles.
For the latest information and for more updates on everything Kindersley ‘Like’ the Kindersley Social Facebook page below…
For the latest information and for more updates on everything Kindersley,
‘Like’ the Kindersley Social Facebook page!