With the holiday season fast approaching Kindersley RCMP would like to remind online shoppers of the following:
- Don’t purchase anything while using public Wi-Fi; shop using your own data connection or a trusted network.
- Research retailers before purchasing from them. Check for reviews and their return policy.
- Only purchase from sites using HTTPS rather than HTTP.
- If you’ve done some shopping already, watch your financial statements for any unauthorized purchases.
- Be sure to use strong passwords.
- If a deal is too good to be true, it probably is.
RCMP encourage the public to report any criminal or suspicious activity to police. Reports tell us where to look, who to look for, and where to patrol in the future. If you see a crime in progress, dial 911. If you wish to remain anonymous, contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).
For the latest information and for more updates on everything Kindersley ‘Like’ the Kindersley Social Facebook page below…