Keep an eye on your mailboxes, because SGI will start to mail out approximately 709,000 rebate cheques this week.
The mailout will take place over the next three weeks. Because there is such a large volume of cheques, customers could receive cheques anytime between mid-May and mid-June. (This also means your rebate may not arrive at the same time as someone else in your household that is getting a rebate.)
Customers are advised to ensure their address is up-to-date with SGI, and to please be patient. If you have not received your rebate by June 30, you should call SGI’s Customer Service Centre at 1-844-TLK-2SGI (1-844-855-2744).
“These rebates will provide a significant injection into the provincial economy, at a time when it will certainly be a welcome boost,” Minister Responsible for SGI Don Morgan said.
Rebates are being provided to any entity that registered a vehicle in Saskatchewan and met the residency requirements to register a vehicle as of February 26, 2021. That includes individuals, non-profit organizations and businesses.
By the numbers:*
- $285,000,000 – Total value of rebates issued
- 709,000 – Approximate number of rebate cheques that will be mailed out.
- $380 – Approximate average rebate per recipient.
- 2018-2020 – The period a vehicle had to be registered within to qualify for a rebate.
- 1.74 million – Total vehicles, motorcycles, trailers and snowmobiles registered at some point between 2018-2020 that qualify for a rebate.
- 26 per cent – The percentage of an annual Auto Fund premium used to determine the rebate.
- $5 – No cheque under this amount will be issued; the customer’s account will be credited instead.
*Some numbers approximate.
For more information, contact:
Customer Service Centre
For the latest information and for more updates on everything Kindersley ‘Like’ the Kindersley Social Facebook page below…