Hello, Cody Phinney back for another update from the Kindersley Fire Brigade.
Recently our members shined up our fire hall to welcome everyone for an Open House to kick off Goose Fest! We had a great turn out from everyone! Everyone got to enjoy truck tours, PubEd trailer tours, live music, and even Burny the Beaver made an appearance! We served free hotdogs, pop and chips which were donated by Buy-Low Foods in Kindersley. Thank you to Justin, Aaron, and all the other staff at Buy-Low for helping us make our event another success! We also had members who drove several of our apparatus in the yearly Goose Fest parade. The Kindersley Fire PubEd team has been busy once again. They hosted two days of tours at Elizabeth Middle School and were able to tour the entire school through the PubEd trailer. The students and teachers got to have up close and personal fire safety demos involving kitchens and bedrooms. The kitchen scenario is especially valuable for kids of middle school age as they are finding their own independence and might need a little advice to keep safe!
Continuing on with the kitchen safety theme from above I thought we could remind everyone else who doesn’t attend the Middle School about a few important tips! Always remember to Look While You Cook. Unattended cooking is the leading cause of kitchen fires, you should stay in the kitchen while something is cooking to catch any issues before they become problems! You should also keep a properly fitting lid at hand for whichever frying pan or pot you are using. The best way to deal with a sudden fire in your cookware is to put a lid over it and turning off the stove. Pouring water on a grease fire can actually cause a grease fire to boil over and increase fire spread!
Thanks for reading!
Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.