With winter driving conditions potentially upon us the Kindersley RCMP would like to remind drivers of the following tips:
- Scrape all the ice off your windows before driving – if you can’t see, you can’t drive safely!
- Remove all snow from your vehicle, including from your headlights, taillights and roof.
- Slow down on slippery or snowy roads.
- Be gentle and smooth when you accelerate, brake or steer.
- Leave plenty of distance between your vehicle and the one in front of you.
- Using cruise control on icy or snowy roads can be dangerous! If you skid, your vehicle will accelerate and rapidly spin its wheels as it tries to maintain a constant speed.
- Before traveling, check the weather forecast for both your current location and destination. If travel can be delayed during storm warnings, do so.
- Be prepared for anything: consider stocking your vehicle with extra warm clothes, candles, matches, non-perishable snacks, a snow shovel, traction mats, booster cables and a tow rope or chain.
- If you become stranded on the highway, do not leave your vehicle! Turn on your vehicle periodically to warm up, but try to conserve fuel. Make sure your tailpipe remains clear of ice and snow, or carbon monoxide could potentially seep into your vehicle
Between November 1st to November 7th, Kindersley RCMP responded to 21 calls for service*. These calls included, but were not limited to, 3 suspicious persons calls, 1 theft of motor vehicle and 1 uttering threats call.
If you need to report any suspicious activity in your community, please contact the Kindersley RCMP detachment by calling 306-463-4642 or their local police service. Information can also be provided anonymously through Saskatchewan Crime Stoppers by calling 1800-222-TIPS (8477) or submitting a tip online at www.saskcrimestoppers.com.
Online Crime Reporting can be accessed at: https://ocre-sielc.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/saskatchewan.
For the latest information and for more updates on everything Kindersley ‘Like’ the Kindersley Social Facebook page below…