SGI has begun to mail out 603,000 rebate cheques to customers across Saskatchewan.
You’ll receive a $100 rebate for each vehicle or motorcycle you had registered as of March 9, 2022. All classes of vehicle (private, commercial, farm etc.) are eligible. Trailers and snowmobiles are not.
SGI will issue the rebate to the person or entity listed as the registered owner of the vehicle and receive rebates for all vehicles combined into one cheque. (You’ll receive your rebate in cheque form in the mail. There’s no option for direct deposit, credit or cash.)
You don’t need to request the rebate – SGI will automatically mail you a cheque if you’re eligible.
To ensure you get your rebate cheque, please make sure your address on file with SGI is up to date. To update your address:
- Contact your local motor licence issuer
- Visit MySGI
- Call SGI’s Customer Service Centre at 1-844-TLK-2SGI (1-844-855-2744)
- Use the Express Address service
Rebate cheques are being sent out in May. Keep in mind that there’s a large volume of cheques (about 603,000), and the mailout will take place over multiple weeks. This means:
- Your cheque could arrive anytime between now and mid-June.
- The order of mailout is not alphabetical or based on mailing address, so your cheque may not arrive at the same time as someone else in your household getting a rebate – it may come sooner or later.
- If you’re eligible for a rebate and you haven’t received one by June 21, please call our Customer Service Centre at 1-844-TLK-2SGI (1-844-855-2744), so we can look into things for you.
For more information about rebates, call SGI’s Customer Service Centre at 1-844-TLK-2SGI (1-844-855-2744).