West Central Abilities: Group Home Manager
Job Order #: 5907317
Employer Name: West Central Abilities Inc.
Posted Date: 26-May-2022
Employment Terms: Temporary:F-T
Length of Employment: 6 – 9 months
Apply By: 10-Jun-2022
How to Apply: Apply with an updated resume and cover letter, stating experience and why you would be a fit for this role. Please include the position and job order number in the subject line of email. Selected candidate are required to submit a criminal record check including vulnerable sector check as a condition of employment.
Learn more here…
This position is responsible for managing and supervising the operations the Group Home. The RM encourages the residents to participate in their care and daily living to the greatest of their potential. Through professional means, assists in hiring and supervises, delegates, instructs and disciplines subordinates working within the home. Promotes and ensures that the home is operated in a safe manner. Is responsible to work within budget means, completing staff schedules, effectively respond to emergencies, and will be on call for emergencies, in addition to performing other management responsibilities. Is professional and works co-operatively within the management team. Continuously demonstrates a high standard of professional aptitude and supervisory skills. Develops, implements, and evaluates programs designed to maximize individuals potential and quality of life.
- Completion of diploma or certificate in human services or equivalent experience.
- Able to work effectively as a team leader, member, and independently. Displays professionalism and leadership aptitude.
- Experience and ability to coordinate, evaluate, and facilitate Person Centred Plans, positive behavioural supports, etc.
- Flexibility, mature judgement, openness, and honesty in interpersonal relationships, proven self starter.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must possess imagination, patience and tact.
- Ability to operate various computer programs.
- Must have a positive attitude, be proactive and have competent problem-solving skills.
- Must have a valid Drivers License, Standard First Aide, CPR, Safe Food Handler.
- Basic Skills Training and/or Community Living Service Delivery Level I, or II, and PART training.
Or an equivalent combination of education, training & experience.
For the latest information and for more updates on everything Kindersley,
‘Like’ the Kindersley Social Facebook page!